Back to the ESI Products Page:
Loaded with advanced capabilities yet amazingly easy to use, ESI’s patented
IVX S-Class (IVX 56s) All-In-One Digital Phone
System gives your small to medium-sized business the power to present your
most professional side to your customers.
Big features; big capacities
IVX S-Class combines multiple first-rate,
feature-rich systems into one tightly integrated
IVX S-Class handles a configuration of up to 16 × 32 × 8.**
And, when your business grows beyond this capacity, IVX S-Class can migrate to a
full-fledged IVX E-Class or IVX
X-Class system which uses the same ESI phones, minimizing upgrade costs and
Powerful — but friendly
Each IVX phone system says, “Good morning.” It teaches you how to use and
program it. It reminds you to change your personal greeting after a trip. And it
stands by, ready to assist you whenever you need help. There are three different
models of IVX Digital Feature Phones;
each is a compact, attractive addition to any desk, designed to simplify your
telecommunications. Here are just two examples:
- The display is large and easy to read.
- The dedicated function keys (so you don’t have to memorize codes) give you
more ease of use, even with the enhanced capabilities of an IVX system.
And each all-digital IVX Feature Phone works with either of the three
principal IVX system classes (X-Class, S-Class, and E-Class), making it simple
for an IVX S-Class system to migrate to a larger ESI system when your business
Easy to choose; easy to use
Any IVX All-In-One Digital Phone System is an easy choice over other phone
systems in its price class, and IVX S-Class is no exception. Its ease of use and
feature-richness reduces staff frustrations, increases productivity and enhances
your corporate image. And IVX’s unique integration provides call processing
efficiency and cost savings previously impossible.
- Full integration
With an IVX system, just one compact cabinet does what other systems must
combine multiple boxes to do. This makes installation and maintenance much
- Grows with your business or organization, with up to:
- 16 lines × 32 digital stations × eight fully functional analog ports.
- Six built-in voice mail ports.
- 30-hour voice storage.
- Digital Feature Phone
- Three versions: 48-Key, 24-Key and 12-Key.
- Fully digital 2B+D.
- Stylish and compact, to fit any workspace.
- Convenient four-position tilt mount; also wall-mountable.
- Simple installation with one-pair, non-polarity-sensitive wiring.
- “Ruggedized” design resists abuse and spills.
- Big, easy-to-read display with as many as three high-contrast
lines. Provides various combinations of the following, depending upon the
system model and configuration, the ESI Feature Phone model and the current
— Date and time
— Current line usage
— Phone number dialed
— Name of caller*
— Elapsed time on current call
— Remaining time on currently playing message or recorded call
- Dedicated feature keys; Esi-Dex™ (indexed speed-dialing) keys;
and up/down keys for independent digital control of speaker and handset
- Programmable feature keys provide one-touch access to stations,
lines, speed-dialing and other features.
- Tri-color LEDs make keys’ use even easier.
- Works with not only IVX S-Class but also IVX
X-Class and IVX E-Class, simplifying
migration when your business needs a bigger system.
- High-quality speakerphone (48-Key and 24-Key Feature Phones)
gives you hands-free ease for both talking and listening when it’s
necessary. IVX audio is unusually sensitive for any speakerphone, much less
for a phone in IVX’s price class.
- Up to eight fully functional analog ports
Support for voice messaging (Integrated Answering Machine or voice mail),
hold/retrieve, transfer, page, call waiting, off-premises message delivery and
- Two voice messaging options
- Integrated Answering Machine™, for those
businesses which don’t want or need voice mail
- Simultaneous recording of up to two messages
- 30 minutes of voice message storage
- Message retrieval on any Digital Feature Phone
- External message notification
- Off-premises “reach-me” can let someone reach the called party
at a designated outside number
- Live call screening at Master Station allows listening to an
incoming message (as on a home answering machine); you can pick up the
call at any time or let it go to the Integrated Answering Machine
- Message Recycle Bin lets you “un-delete” 10 most recently
- Three music-on-hold tracks or one outside source
- Fully featured voice mail with auto attendant
- Up to 30 hours of message storage
- Up to six channels (ports) dedicated to voice mail
- Automated attendant with up to 18 branches
Available for as much as or as little use as your business may require.
Performs virtually limitless call routing, including directories,
automatic day/night operation, transfer-off-premises, pager notification,
- Auto attendant trunk-to-trunk transfer
Makes it possible for your Installer to set up transferring calls
off-premises without the need for Centrex.
- Live call screening
Works like a home answering machine; lets you listen to an incoming
message while IVX is recording it. If you want to answer, just lift the
handset. Otherwise, IVX will record the message to your voice mailbox for
- Off-premises message delivery to a cell phone or home phone
Combined with pager notification, this provides impressive notification
- Live call recording
One-touch ease in recording any conversation, even a conference call. The
resulting recording is available for copying to others via voice mail;
great for keeping your colleagues “in the loop.”
- Message Recycle Bin lets you “un-delete” 10 most recently
- Quick Groups
Have a thought to share with others? Press the VOICE MAIL key and
the appropriate station keys (soft feature keys programmed for specific
extensions) and instantly leave a voice message for all.
- Quick Move™ allows you to press a programmable feature key
during live recording to move the message automatically to that user’s
mailbox. Ideal for supervisor/secretary work.
- Virtual Mailbox Key™ is a programmable function key “tied” to
any mailbox; allows easy monitoring of a second mailbox.
- Multiple personal greetings
- Quick Groups™ feature simplifies leaving a voice mail message
for numerous stations: just press the VOICE MAIL key and then the
appropriate station keys.
- Records voice messages with 64 Kbit-per-second sampling to
provide the highest quality sound a telephone line can carry.
- Four music-on-hold (MOH) recordings — Use the supplied music
tracks, or your own.
- Enhanced Caller ID*
IVX delivers maximum call-handling simplicity with no add-on hardware. Every
IVX phone has a built-in display, giving your office maximum use of this
capability. ESI’s special enhancements let you not only return a call with
just a keystroke but also, using Esi-Dex, quickly add the caller to your
- Background announce
Privately hear intercom messages while talking to outside calls.
- Two conference bridges
Accessible from either digital or analog ports; each able to handle either
three or four people.
- Off-premises “reach-me”
Allows a caller forwarded to the Integrated Answering Machine or your voice
mailbox to reach you at an external number (e.g., your home phone or
- TAPI support, for using your PC and your telephone as a
Provided through a standard interface on the TAPI version of the 48-Key
Digital Feature Phone. Each IVX phone system model supports Basic Telephony
Service integration to such standard packages as Act!®, Goldmine®
and Microsoft® Outlook®.
- Available 60-Key
Simplifies operator duties. Connects easily to 48-Key Feature Phone.
- Dedicated HOLD key
Supports both system-wide and exclusive (station-specific) hold. Permits
virtually unlimited hold “orbits.” (Also supports hold/retrieve with analog
phones.) Holds calls for easy pickup at any station without elaborate codes to
remember. For exclusive hold, just hold down the key for a second.
- Enhanced headset operation
Allows normal station operation even when using a handset.
- Esi-Dex built-in directory
- Works with Caller ID to keep an alphabetical
speed-dial list; accessible with just a keystroke and shown on the
- Three separate speed-dialing lists: personal, station and system.
- Users can make entries directly from the Digital Feature Phone keypad.
- Call waiting
Works as this feature does at home. Toggle between callers, or allow the
second caller to go to your voice mailbox. The display keeps you informed.
- Verbal Help Key™, Verbal User
Combine to provide instant, context-sensitive help with programming and just
plain using your IVX phone system.
- Virtual Answer Key™
For use when one is already on another call but wants to give special
attention to a second call that’s in call waiting. Set as many as two
programmable feature keys to be Virtual Answer Keys. Each plays a recorded
greeting telling the caller the user knows he/she is calling and, depending on
programming and how the prompt is recorded, can also give the caller an easy
way to dial out to another extension where he/she can gain immediate
- One-touch access to a number of features
Why enter arcane codes when you can just press VOICE MAIL to get into
voice mail? Or CONF to do a conference call? Or TRANSFER to
transfer a call? The IVX way is the easy way.
- Dedicated overhead paging interface
- Call statistics
- Detailed reports at the touch of a key.
- SMDR data.
- Optional VIP
- Works with Microsoft Outlook
- Provides on-screen call control, voice mail management, contact
- Much more than simply unified messaging
- [More details available here.]
- Optional IVX Presence Management
- Presence indication
- Access control
- ESI’s Personal Call routing
- Time and attendance logging (further enhanced by the Time and Management
- [More details available here.]
* Requires Caller ID service from your telephone service provider.
** Configuration specs =
CO (Central Office) outside lines × ESI Feature Phones × analog ports.
X-Class, E-Class, and S-Class systems available only from Resellers with ESI
factory training. Product specifications and details subject to change without